Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

I hope everyone has been thinking about their Christmas lists as they are due before this Saturday. That only gives you 3 more days to post.

Nobody really responded to the question about giving part of what we would normally spend to a needy family. It think it would be good if we each chipped in $10 or so to purchase gifts for a family or toys for tots or something. Please respond with your thoughts on this. I believe the limits that were set were $65 for new and $25 for used/homemade so $10 would round it out to $100 per person total. After looking at my list, most of the items are definite wants rather than needs and I know some people out there have NEEDS on their list this Christmas.

Anyway… I figured I would be the early bird and post my list 4 days before the deadline.
As you all know, we are expecting our first baby in June so my wants have changed a little bit.

Black slide on shoes that have elastic over the top but are still cute. Skechers has a few options that I like. (I have heard it gets hard to bend over to tie shoes when you have a watermelon on your lap J) size 8.5 or 9
Slippers to wear around the house (the kind with a hard sole)
Video camera
Books (normally I am up to read anything so whatever seems good!)
Jackets, cardigans, anything work appropriate to keep warm (I am almost always cold at work
Parenting magazines
Jewelry (earrings, necklaces)
A new watch (silver)
Black closed toed heels (heel lower than 3")
Black boots - knee high riding style (Aldo has a really cute pair)

Okay - that is it from me. PLEASE do not forget to get your input in on the needy family or toys for tots thing.
Love,
Sharon

4 comments:

JO said...

Sharon, I like your idea. That sounds good, I think last year we did the Needy Family Shopping Spree or maybe I remember wrong. Or maybe that was something that we did completely seperatly. Also on the parenting magazines. Most of them come free. I will check it out for you. Had I known I had if I bought one I get one free for someone. I got one for Marijo, your news wasn't out yet. So I'll get back to you on that one. Did you check out that website?

Shannon said...

Hi Sharon,
I get Parents magazine and a free issue for a friend when I renew. I'll be renewing next month so I'll order one for you too ;). Like the idea of donating $10 each. Since we aren't planning to be in Idaho for Christmas, we will send some money with you and Derek. Also, we might try to send our Christmas gifts with you guys too if you don't mind carting them ;). You're planning to drive, right? May be we can bring them at Thanksgiving.

Julia said...

Great idea Sharon. Since the gift exchange is a family event, I think it would be a good idea to also participate as a family when we donate to the needy family. I'll post my list later today, as I'm in class right now. :]
love to you all!

Sharon said...

I hope everyone noticed that I was incorrect in the amounts for the gifts. The original amounts were $75and $35 and the amounts I proposed were $65 and $25 and $10 for a needy family. I think the needy family shopping spree is a good cause. The total amount we should contribute is $10 a person x 9 people = $90. If we do that, i believe that TFRC matches the contribution so that would be our best way of doing that. Maybe mom and Dad and Jo and Tyler can be watching for details on that?