Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So Disgusting!!!!

I had the grossest thing happen to me today.....

I took my car, (my new 2009 Camry), in for a routine oil change/tire rotation.
When it was finished and ready to pick up, the attendant showed me my air filter.
The air filter was trashed and he showed me a box with about 2 pounds of dog food in it.
It was our own dog's dog food, 2 pounds of it! Apparently mice had been storing it up for winter in MY CAR!!!!!
How many mice are there in our garage? Why weren't our dogs chasing the mice away, you know protecting their dog food? The mice could only carry one piece at a time. How long had this been going on for? The attendant was surprised that we had any air flow at all!

The attendant suggested that I put Bar-Bait in the engine area for the nasty little guys. Also, not to leave any water bottles in the car as the mice will knaw through the plastic to get to water. He also said to put BOUNCE dryer sheets under my floor mats, apparently mice stay away from BOUNCE!

So I got the dryer sheets, they are going into my car. I can't find the Bar-Bait anywhere so far, but I will find some somewhere tomorrow! For now my car isn't parked in the garage by the dog food, it is outside.

This whole incident reminded us of the old green Subaru that we eventally found 13 mice in! My car dosen't smell bad like the Subaru did, those mice were also inside of the car. I think that these mice have just been in the engine area so far, and none of them have died. I'm Really Really hoping!! It is just soooo gross and disgusting!!! It simply gives me the shivers.....

Willie has just set up traps in the garage to catch the nasty little buggers. He is such a great guy, always protecting me from things like this. Thanks honey! I love you!

Anyway, that was my excitement for the day. :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Well Mom, if I were a mouse I would definately try to find a home as nice and warm as your car's engine :) Just glad to know it wasn't my dogs' fault....

Harry and Flora said...

i have bars of irish spring in my trunk. i've heard mice hate that too.

Anonymous said...

Good News!
We've caught 5 of the nasty little critters!