Friday, October 31, 2008

Christmaweengiving?

Hello all and Happy Halloween!
I was reminded at lunch today by my lovely and prego sister that I need to get my Christmas list up. So here goes:

1. New eyes (just kidding!)

2. A clay tea set (preferably Asian inspired such as the one in this link: http://shopstashtea.com/teapots-asian.html)

3. Variety of teas

4. Books:
A. "The Secret Life of Bees" by: Sue Monk Kidd
B. Books by Anne Lamott
C. "Jesus For President" by: Shane Claiborne

5. fingerless gloves, with a mitten flap (Such as: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=31&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=15358948&parentid=W_ACC_SCARVES&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=66&navAction=poppush&color=)

6. Scarves (such as: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=21&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=14882989&parentid=W_ACC_SCARVES&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=81&navAction=poppush&color=)

7. Anything vintage or antique

8. iTunes giftcards

9. time

Yup. That about sums it up. And thanks to all of you who listened to me complain about my arthritis. As I was saying to Mom the other day, I really don't want it to define my life, and shouldn't let it. Its definitely hard to when it flares up as it has been, but thanks to all you amazing people, I don't have to go through this alone, and I don't have to let it hinder my progress in school or as a person. God has really been working for me through this too, by letting somebody bring back $2800 worth of Enbrel back to my Doctor's office and letting me have it. I really don't consider that a coincidence. Anyway, School is tough, but has been good. My A & P (anatomy and physiology) class and my uCore class (basically a ridiculous class that doesn't pertain to my major at all) have been the two toughest of this semester, but I feel like I will end up with decent grades in all. I'm really glad that I am in A & P because it is really the first class that I feel I will need to have to apply later in life. Learning about the human body has been amazing. I mean, everything that has to go on, just to achieve homeostasis is an outstanding process within itself, not including how we deal with sickness and foreign invaders. Blagh! It just blows my mind. anyway, I'm volunteering at a church I've been going to's Harvest Festival tonight with a few friends. Right now I'm going to a thrift store to find a cheap and creative costume. I love you all and hope that you have a Cheery Halloween!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list there Julia!
I thought that you just got new eyes!
I hope that your Halloween is happy.
~mom~

Julia said...

I did! That's why I said just kidding. :] I really like the ones I have right now!
My Halloween was great! I volunteered last night and randomly met a girl who knows Ben Watland. Who would have known!? We came back to the dorms afterward and hung out for a while and watched The Prestige. It was a real good night. What did everybody else do?