My freshman year has gone by so fast. I think as I get older time speeds up. But I have had a most excellent year at SPU. Its had its ups and downs, but I think overall it has been amazing! I've expanded my number of friends by probably three times, and am still making them! It is still sinking in for me that we have less than two weeks of school left. I don't know if I am ready for summer to be here. (I don't mean classwise, but friendwise..... of course) I'm really going to miss all the girls on my floor, and I'm sure if you knew them, you would understand. My classes have gone fairly well this semester. I am at an A standing in my Chemistry class now, which is great for the nursing program!! I actually like and understand Organic Chemistry. Haha. I've scored mid-C's on both my exams now, which doesn't sound that great, but with my homework and labs having high grades, it should bring me up significantly!
This past weeekend, the weather was BEAUTIFUL, and I did so many things. To start it off, a group of girls and two of my guy friends, Evan and Brent went to the beach at Golden Gardens and layed out and bumped a volleyball around. After that was the Ashton Ball, which was at the Seattle Maritime Museum on Pier 44 (or some number like that.....) My feet hurt real bad afterwards, which means it was a good time. Saturday SPU had the Relay For Life at their track. I was on my floors team called The Destroyers!! The weather was a good 500 degrees that day, or at least that's what it felt like! I do believe I acquired a good tan. I babysat Miles on Saturday afternoon. That kid is so stinking cute! If any of you don't know about Miles, he is the 8-year-old boy that I babysit. Our time consisted of an intense water fight, a remote controlled car, easy-mac, and then some reading out loud before bed. I am amazed that I get paid for this! But Shauna, Miles' mom emailed me today, and told me that she really likes me, and so does Miles! So that was really encouraging.
I hope that all of you are doing well. Please be praying for all the people in China, my friend and roommate next year lived for two years about 30 minutes from epicenter of the earthquake, and has been shook up pretty bad by it. Oh, and speaking of roommates, Christian and I are living in room 455 of Ashton next year. I wasn't our first choice, but it'll definitely suffice. :] We almost didn't even get on the 4th floor, which would have sucked real bad because the people we were hoping to be neighbors with got on 4th before us. But luckily our Residence Life Coordinator, Paula, is amazing and rearranged some of the freshmen rooms so we could be on fourth with Chelsea and Kat. She'll be getting some oatmeal raisin cookies sometime later this week!
I'm excited to come home and see most of you!
Shannon, Louis and Henry, I'm hoping to make it down to California sometime this summer. (Shannon, I hope that you had a great birthday, and that your preggy belly is doing well, and that he is healthy and beautiful!)
Johanna and Tyler, I hope that you have an amazing time in Mexico! and Johanna I hope that your preggy belly is doing well too!
Sharon and Derek, I'm really looking forward to spending more time with the both of you this summer. I'd like to do another hike like the one we did to Bench Lake or something if you two are up to it!
Mom and Dad, thanks so much for being willing to come and pick me up. I really appreciate it, and am excited to talk to you guys on the drive back! I'm really excited to be home this summer. I already am planning on cooking a lot. I didn't realize how much a kitchen was worth until I had a really run-down one in our hall..... So be ready for that.
Here are some photos from the weekend. :]
3 comments:
Thanks Julilaa for the update!
Definately body-ish-ous, WOW!
Your life is way more exciting than mine, but that's totaly okay with me. I'm happy for ya!
I'll be seeing you soon.
~Your mommy~
I am super excited to see you in a couple weeks. I am so glad that you had a good freshman year!! time sure does fly much quicker as you get older so keep on enjoying your life! i love you!
Congrats on finishing your freshman year Miss Julia :)!!!!!!! Hope all is going well and that you're enjoying the first week of summer :)!
Post a Comment