I can hardly believe that I did it; but, I sold my van yesterday. A 2001 Honda Oydessy with 118,00 miles on it, I bought it brand new. It was such a good van, never a moment of problems with it. I will miss it, however, I sold it to Willie's niece and nephew, Brad and Adriana Mohr, so I will be able to say hello to my old van friend on occasion. What will I drive now? Julia's car, a 2000 Nissan Maxima. She left her car behind when she went to college in Seattle, so I can drive it until June when she comes home. Ii've been looking for another car, I can't decide if I want an SUV or a sedan of some type. It will be fun for me to test drive cars.
We are deep into wedding plans, it's only 2 weeks away! Yesterday, Johanna had her bridal shots taken, 4 hours with 3 photographers all excited by how gorgeous she was. She had her hair and make-up done, put her wedding dress on, what a lovely bride she will be...... Now the dress goes to the cleaners, for the big day on January 19. Each week we have at least one disaster with the wedding plans, sometimes we must go to plan B, which sometimes is better than the original plan A, we are finding. I've had lots of fun helping Johannna. Her and Tyler are so in love, the wedding will be a great celebration of that love.
Sharon and Derek have moved into their newly purchased home in Kuna Idaho! What a big transition for them, new house AND new jobs on the other side of the nation, as they moved from Florida. We feel so blessed to have them only 2 hours away, compared to 33 hours! Derek has been working temporarilly in Jerome which is 20 miles away, so we've enjoyed having him stay at our home during the week. Sharon starts her new job tomorrow, at an accounting firm in downtown Boise.
All of my kids were home for Christmas this year! It was really fun to have all of us together again. Our large home was full for a week, I liked it. Our grandbaby, Henry brought back the innocence of Christmas to our celebration.
On December 29, some relatives and friends gave Joahhana a bridal shower at my home. It was very well attended, Jo felt overwhemed by the love and support shown from family and friends! After that the bachelorette party started in Twin Falls, ending up at Sharon's home in Kuna. Then, that evening, Willie, Louis and Derek threw Tyler a bachelor party called "tool bash". It was held in our garage, "for men only". I know that Derek, Louis and all those who attended saw a side of Willie that had been in hibernation since his pre-married years. Tyler was showered with tools and good advice for the future. Tyler's parents were in town for these celebrations as well. It was a BIG week-end coming right after Christmas, WHEW, however, I think that a great time was had by all!
Happy New Year to All. May 2008 bring you all lots of blessings!
~valerie~
No comments:
Post a Comment