Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm Finally Back!!!!

Yes it's me, (the mom), I'm using Johanna's info to get me into this BLOG because my info hasen't worked for over a month. I don't know why, maybe something to do with the computer change. Nevertheless, I perservered thru my frustrations, and here I am....
Willie/dad and Julia have been gone for over a week now, their trip is half way over. I've had two calls, and one e-mail from Israel, the phone connection is excellant. It's sooo good to hear their voices, and hear of the amazing things that they are doing. I've been a bit regretful about not taking this trip with them, but mostly I'm glad that I didn't go along.
The rest of their trip they will be in the area of the Sea of Galilee and Jerusalem. They went swimming in the Dead Sea! WOW!
Just now I had a call from dad! It is Sept 13 there, 7 AM, and here it is Sept 12, 10 PM, crazy! He said that one day it was 110 degrees. He is so excited to be there. Yesterday they had a Palestian guard escorting them to be sure that they didn't travel to any of their sacred spots. Another day they had Israeli soldiers with them. What a terrific experience, also abit frightening.! I've been a little lonesome here, but I have Johanna to keep me company. She has done a great job of managing the dairy. I've been enjoying not having meals to prepare. I'm taking time to do lots of special stuff just for me, getting a massage on Monday.

We had a delightful visit with Sharon and Derek a few weeks ago, with lots of water skiing, a BBQ with friends and family, and a trip up north to Redfish Lake. We passed thru Sun Valley during the huge Castle Rock Fire, we saw the tent camp of the firefighters. The fire was on National News for 1 week. It is all out now, with no buildings or lives lost! Our time together went quickly, with lots of fond memories. Time spent together and lots of good talks.

I put out all of the fall decorations yesterday, the house looks so festive and cozy now. Soon I will be baking pumpkin pies!

We got another new computer, this one is custom bulit by Larry Bryan, our computer neighbor that lives on the dairy. It's working fantastic. Julia will be taking the Apple to SPU, which she is VERY happy about.

Here is my Christmas list:
A gift certificate for a massage

I'm glad that the Christmas gift price amounts have been lowered. Thanks Sharon and Shannon for that.

May God keep all of you Safe and Well
love from ~mom`

1 comment:

JO said...

What a hidden treasure you have found in Lake Shabot! It reminds me alot of Seattle.
Henry seems to be getting lots of use out of his stroller.
love ~mama B~