Monday, July 09, 2007

July in CA

Louis turns 27!!!


Henry sporting an apple onsie in support of Dada, day of the iphone launch.

Julia & Shannon in San Fran


Julia, Louis, & Henry in San Fran


I've been so good about updating Henry's blog but just realized I haven't posted to the family blog in awhile! Things are pretty good in CA - it's been H-O-T! We got to see Julia for a few hours on Sunday while on her mission trip in San Fran and whisked her off to lunch. It was really fun for us to see her - btw I love the short hair Julia :)! The pic of Louis eating corn was from his b-day. His one request for dinner was that it include corn on the cob - I couldn't believe how excited he was about a fresh ear of corn :)!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a fun 4th that included a hike on the nature preserve and swimming at the aquatic center (pics on Henry's blog). Louis bought a few fireworks that we set off in the driveway for Henry and later after Henry went to sleep we had a great view of some big fireworks shows from our deck upstairs. We were surprised we could see so much - especially since fireworks are completely illegal here ;). Anyway, it was a fun, relaxing day and I was happy that Louis got to take the day off from work.

Henry is amazingly speedy on all fours and I spend most of my time now chasing after him. He has 4 teeth and a head full of blond hair with curls in the back - it's adorable. At times he looks so much like Louis it's amazing, although his eyes seem to be changing over to brown just like his mama. He's usually a very happy guy although lately I'm discovering he has quite a bit of a temper when he wants his way!


We love you all lots and hope to see everyone soon!


love, shannon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I'm sooooo glad that you took pictures while on your visit with Julia! Louis is a stinker, he told me that you guys didn't take pictures!!!!
I'm really praying hard for Julia's and her group's safety while they're working at the Ywam mission. Hopefully they can touch many lives while they are there.

Julia said that she couldn't believe how cute Henry is, he has changed so much since she saw him in March! And she saw his little pearl teeth!

I want some corn on the cob too! yummy!
~mama B~

Sharon said...

cute pictures! i really like henry's shirt :) I didn't see the picture of louis eating the corn though... i'm sure it was tasty though!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Louis! Now we're the same age (for a couple months!).

And Julia, has anyone ever mentioned you look a lot like the actress Bryce Dallas Howard? Especially in the picture with Shannon. Very fetching!

Happy Summer to all!