Sunday, January 07, 2007

Here she is folks!


So this is what we now call home :) Now we have room for whoever wants to come stay with us and more! It is located in a very quiet neighborhood complete with sidewalks and is right behind the church we attend. While Mom, Dad, and Julia were here, Julia and Dad helped Derek put the special effects in the fountain. The owners left quite a few things for us (chemicals for the hot tub, all the fountains decor, a few rugs, and couple of other random things. Most of the pictures are hung now so we are officially moved in although we are still waiting on a few mail items to arrive.... maybe Monday?? We sure enjoyed our company for the New Year!!!
Some more news - I accepted a different job at another accounting firm. The firm is called Lambert, Lanza CPAs. It is actually a smaller firm so it will have more flexibilty with time off and it is a higher pay than the other firm that I would work for (plus it is a lot closer :) Hopefully I made the right decision, I am kind of nervous about putting my two weeks notice in at SunTrust. I really enjoyed my time spent there. That is about all that is new here... lately the weather has been dreary and warm. We walked to a Mexican restaurant called Tijuana Flats that is right down the road from us and found that on Wednesdays, all UWF students get 50% off!!! So may be going there more often now. Currently we are in a tornado watch, I've never seen one before, but I think that the storm with bring some thunder and lightning. Maybe, we'll light the fireplace!
Something that I am going to start trying for the new year is to make one new dish per week. I also am going to try to post the recipe on the blog for other cooker people out there (i know that Julia wants to learn some new dinner recipes). I will only post the recipe if it is good too. I guess it's not really a resolution though. Derek and I really haven't made any resolutions - we'd both like to be fitter and healtier, just so we build good habits and I am going to try to relax more, but other than that nothing too big.
School for me starts on Tuesday. I don't have all my books yet - i'll be sure to get the rest of them on Monday or maybe today... Right now, I am registered for 15 credits, plus the 3 credits I will earn for my internship which will be 25 hours per week. I am going to see if I need to drop a class within the first week so I am only taking 12 credits. I don't want to be too stressed out :)
Congratulations on your car Jo - please post some pictures!
Everyone else - we hope you have a wonderful New Year!!! 2007 is going to be the best yet!
Love you all
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon and Derek, Your new home is magnificent! I want to stay there again. I like the way that you've decorated things, it looks very cozy/comfy. Thanks for sharing the photos.
I hoping that Julia will make the Stuffed Shells for us this week, yummmm.
I hope that things go well at Sun Trust tomorrow, they sure will miss you there after you leave.
love ~mom~