Friday, January 19, 2007

Greetings From Sunny Idaho!

Helloooo Everybody!
It's been very cold here, but at least it's sunny and bright! One night it got down to only 5 degrees, brrrrr. I'm so glad that I'm not a calf or cow, I prefer sleeping between my warm and cozy flannel sheets. There were a few days that I couldn't even take my long walks cause my cheek's were freezing, I made only a short little circle and headed back to the house. It has been warmer the last few days which is a welcome relief.

Dad is in Boise tonight with 78 men from our church at the Steelhead Hockey game. They are taking a big bus and traveling together, dad took a neighbor dairyman, Terry Underwood, with him. He was really looking forward to the outing, hopefully he's having a grand time.

Papa's birthday is tomorrow, January 20th, he will be 81, we're having a dinner at Rhonda's house Sunday to celebrate. Papa and Grandma are driving down to Palm Springs next week to spend some time with Uncle Jess and Aunt Corrine. I hope they stay there for at least 2 weeks.

Ryan Rietkerk turns 30 on Monday, Johanna said that the cousins are meeting at the Rock Creek Restaurant Monday night for a surprise birthday party that Mindy is throwing for him.

Grandma will turn 75 this coming April 21st, Rhonda, Shari and I are planning an open house for her at their church. Shari and Larry are flying in from Michigan for the celebration. Grandma will also celebrate 60 years of teaching piano lessons, WOW, what a milestone. The party will be on March 31st.

Julia got a job! She is working for Jane Lloyd, who is a Mary Kay consultant, as her personal assistant. Julia works from 3-5 on Monday and Thursday afternoons. It seems like the perfect job for Julia right now, and right next door too!
Johanna got a beautiful new car. A '04 Acura that's pearl white. She has a photo that she wants to post of it. She also has a new man in her life, he is very nice. We all really like him. She can give you all of the details.

Thanks for the receipe Sharon, Julia made the Stuffed Shells last week for dinner, they were delicious! This week Julia made Chicken Vegetable Noodles, also yummy. She prepared the entire meal, with all of the food groups present. Julia is really expanding her boundries, we all like her trying new dishes, (it was her new year's resolution). I think that she is also making a cake for papa's party on Sunday.
I will be starting a new phone service with our house phones. As of January 29, we will leave Quest and start with Cable One, they are also our cable TV and internet server. The best part is that I will have FREE long distance calling 24 hours a day! I am excited about that! It will also be half the price that Quest was charging.

Dad and I visited Dave and Judy Sommer at their new home last week. They are so happy to have a nice new place, their view is beautiful.
I've been working on Julia's photo albums again after taking a break for the holidays. I really enjoy organizing and making up new page ideas. Julia's graduation is coming up so soon, it looks like I will have her albums all completed in time.

Louis, when are you leaving for China? I really miss hearing from you on the blog.

May the Lord Bless and Keep All of You Safe.... love ~mom~

No comments: