Hello to all!
Sorry we have been slacking on the posts lately... But good news, our busy life is about to slow down (just a little though)
The big news of the day (which some of you already know) is that we got a new rental house! It is very nice. It has tile floors, laminate wood floors (pergo?), and new carpet throughout the house. A 2 car garage, a hot tub, a fireplace, his/her closets in the master bedroom, lots of cabinet space in the kitchen (yea!), a breakfast nook and a formal dining room, a little fountain in the front yard, a privacy fence for dutch, a storage shed, and even a little playground (in our lease it says we can have up to three kids this year) So needless to say, we are extremelly excited. Tonight we will try to move everything over. Last night, we took over out patio furniture, the contents of our storage closets and the stuff from the guest bathroom. Mostly smaller stuff that we could take in our vehicles. Oh yeah - and our Christmas tree - we are going to put it up!!! I can't wait! On Tuesday night we purchased some new furniture (something that we have been putting off doing for a long time) We got a couch that has a chaise lounge on one side so it's kinda like a sectional. It's cream microfiber stuff with brown leather looking stuff on the back and the sides of the arms. We also got a brown leather recliner to match. It should come on the 27th if everything goes well. We are going to have a new years party when mom, dad, and julia are going to be here. So we'll be all set up and ready for company :)
Some other news (that is a little bit older, but I don't think everyone knows yet) I took a job with and accounting firm. It's called Bloomer & Geri. Their website is www.bloomer-cpa.com if you are interested. I'll be taking a pay cut as I will only be an intern during tax season, but after that, i'll be up for a raise and eligible for benefits so it should come out to be better than what I make at SunTrust (hopefully). Plus I'll be getting tax experience which is worth quite a bit when i loo for my next job in Idaho. That does not start until the 5th of February so I've still got a few more weeks here.
In other news, the dog that we took in, now is home with our friends Jackie and Robin. Her name is now Ghiradelli (goes by Elli for short)My finals are over, I ended up with 2 A's one B+ and a B (which i am going to try to contest...) So pretty good, I am a little disappointed though. Oh well, GPA's don't get you jobs these days. They get you an interview, but no for sure job... Derek is still loving his plane Louis. He took it out a couple weekends ago and one of his friends actually got it caught in a tree. They had to cut the tree down (they did this very incognito with a burlap bag covering up the bright orange chain saw) The tree itself was about 70 feet tall... I was concerned about this and made sure to ask how much bail was so i could afford to get my husband out of jail... Everything is fine so far, but maybe we'll get a phone call one day. I told him not to do it. He is now looking online every night at helicopters and the more advanced planes. But for now, he'll have to just look, moving into a new place is expensive - especially when it has so much more space to fill!!!
So Julia - what the big news on the job??? I hope you can still come here for Christmas!!!
Louis and Shannon - I am very glad to hear you did not blow away :) Have fun cleaning up the debris.... You're Christmas card is adorable - how did you get Henry to smile so well??
Jo - What's new with you??
Mom and dad - can't wait to see you!!!
Have a Merry Christmas to all!!!
Love Sharon
1 comment:
S & D...
Congrats on the new home! It sounds fabulous - especially the hot tub part :). You'll have to send us pics so we can check it out! Sharon - congrats too on the new position with the accounting firm. How exciting! Hope you two have a wonderful Christmas!!! We miss you.
Post a Comment