So we're back and recovered in Florida (for the most part at least, I'm still getting over my cold) The weather for the past week has been beautiful - even to the point of running the A/C. Finally this weekend, it is beginning to get colder - yea! We're now in line to get the weather that has wreaked havoc in the midwest. I don't think we'll get snow, but cold weather and rain. I had another interview with an accounting firm on Thursday in Pensacola. I think it went well, but I don't think that they will offer much more than what I am currently making at SunTrust, plus the benefits would not start until after tax season :( I'll see what happens next week, but hopefully we'll hear something from Derek's potential jobs in the West by then. HR is supposed to contact him to set up some more preliminaries but it's taken a little longer than what we've hoped for. We put in our 30 day notice for the apartment (it actually will be up on January 15th just in case we need a few extra days. our apartment is highly desired as it is a two bedroom two bath so once it is available, it will be taken) So, we are still in waiting mode.... But - be sure that we will let you know all if we find anything out.
We have more pictures to put on the blog too from the trip to Idaho. I tried to post them at the same time I posted the other pictures, but for some reason I could only post 5 pictures per blog. Some time this weekend, we'll post the rest!
Today, I am working right (hopefully my last Saturday at the bank...) and then this afternoon, Derek has an awards ceremony for doing so well the past few months with life policies. His office has been in third place for three months running (this is because of Derek as he is the main life insurance salesperson - good for him!) This looks really good for him as he is applying for new positions!
That is about all that is going on down here - finals start this week (It's actually dead week, but some of my classes will be ending early :) I am looking forward to the upcoming Christmas break! We have a lot of parties coming up. One for our Life Group class for which I am making dairyman's potatoes and probably some dessert, I haven't decided what yet. We have customer appreciation day for the bank for which I need to make probably 3-4 different hor'dovres or desserts. Then next Saturday, I am going to a cookie swap so that requires a batch of cookies and then every year, State Farm does this Christmas party for Foster children that we volunteered for last year, but this year, instead of actually working, I am making 4 dozen of cookies. Then each of us has a work party to go to and then of course, Christmas day itself. We don't have any plans for Christmas Day yet, but don't worry - they too will come :) It's a great season, but sooo busy!!!
So, now that you know our December schedule, don't be worried when you don't hear from us for weeks on end.
See you all later!!
Love you all!
sharon
1 comment:
Thanks for the photos, they are great! I'm praying that you do well on your finals. vb
Post a Comment