Tuesday, November 28, 2006

THANKS for the Memories

Wow, it's been so long since I've written on the blog, 2 weeks at least. I had a wonderful Chris-giving/Thanks-mas! Shannon your photos are great!!!! It was a very busy, fun filled 5 days. My large home was full of the ones I love best. I had my first grandchild here, I babysat and bonded with cutie Henry, especially through the dirty diapers and spitting-up...

Now, all is quiet and back to the "usual" routine. I've put the house back into order, washed the sheets, all the baby equipment is packed away, everything is in it's place once again, 'til next time. We have finally finished up the leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner. The refer has space again for "regular" food. I put away the autumn decorations, and we'll wait a few days to put up Christmas deco. It will be so nice not having the usual busyness of the holiday season since we've already celebrated, how strange, but good.

Too bad that Louis and Shannon had to get home so late on Sunday night. I also had snowy roads on the way home from Boise that night too. I took it slow and made it home safely.

Dad, Julia and I are getting addicted to Sudoku. Julia finished one in just over 5 minutes yesterday! No Alshiemers for us.

We are anxiously awaiting news from Florida about Derek's potential job opportunites out west. What a neat unexpected change of events!

Dad found out last night that he got the BIG SOLO for the Christmas Cantata. How exciting, this year they perform on his birthday!

We got several inches of snow today, it is so pretty. The temp is very cold. I was hoping to have some more weeks of fall weather to enjoy. It looks like it will be a hard, wet winter this year.

Tomorrow I go back to work at the Mustard Seed after taking 2 weeks off. I've missed helping the people there, but it was good to have a break. Dad was glad to be back to work yesterday too, he had taken all of last week off to spend with his wonderful family.

Love and Blessings to you all ~mom~

No comments: