Saturday, October 28, 2006

Don't forget Daylight savings time!!

Boy oh boy - So much is going on with the Bokma family!!! Some are coming home from Mexica and China, and then others (such as us) are sitting here in Florida really looking forward to this weekend! Not because it's the weekend before Halloween, but because it is Daylight Savings Time. We get a whole extra hour of sleep - Hip, Hip, HOORAY!
Since I have last posted, we have had a lot happen down here. A few weekends ago, Derek's boss took us on a little vacation to Destin which is a real upscale resorty town (kinda like the beach version of Sun Valley) You can check out the website of the place that we stayed, it was very nice www.baytownewharf.com There we did some shopping and got massages (the hot rock ones, very special) and on Sunday, we rented jet skiis and went jetskiing! We felt very hoity toity :)
SInce then, it's been back to the grindstone for us. This week I have two tests coming up :( But some good news. I had an interview on Thursday with an accounting firm down here in Pensacola. It went very well and I am supposed to go back for a second interview within the next month. The position is for an internship for tax season, but normally the internships can turn into a staff position if you choose to continue with the firm. The pay would be much higher and the benefits better than where I am now (every year after tax season they either go to Disney World or on a cruise and it is paid for!!) We'll see how it all turns out though. I have already gotten my hopes up, so I am trying to keep them down at least a little so I am happy either way it goes.
This weekend, we are headed up to Florala to go pecan picking. Supposedly, this year, the prices for pecans per pound are higher than they have ever been so we are going to start a furniture fund with the extra money we make. Hopefully after December we will be moving into a rental home (or something with a yard) and I really want a washer and dryer and then if we can get a loveseat and sofa :)
I cannot believe that we are almost into the Christmas season! It feels so strange to be seeing Christmas decorations every where. I guess for us, Christmas is coming early as we are celebrating it at Thanksgiving - the years just go by faster and faster!!!
I hope all is well - I have missed talking to those of you who are out of the country (ie mom and dad and louis too) except for the phone call from the Great Wall - that was very nice!!
I love you all!!!
Sharon

No comments: