Wednesday, August 02, 2006

News from Florida!
1) It's HOT here! This morning I walked from my car to the bank (Oh say, about 20 feet) and broke a sweat -YUCK! Last night, we did our run as usual and I thought I was going to pass out from the heat. It is horrible!
2) Tropical Storm Chris (as of right now...) is headed for the Gulf. We will see where it goes from there.
3) School is almost out for Sharon. Hip hip hooray!!!! I have my final test in calculus tomorrow morning, hopefully it goes well. I will be so glad to have that class over with. My final in economics is next Thursday but I am not worried about that at all. The last two tests in there I have done well on.
4) Dutch turned 1 on the 31st of July so he is now an old man (dog) practically. He sure has gotten much better and that allows us to love him more! We ordered him some new dog dishes that are raised. We bought them off of ebay and the company would stain the wood any color you wanted and also etch the dog's name on the front of them so we had the done. Once we got it, everything looked fine except the name was spelled Captian Dutch - rather than Captain Dutch. Derek was the one that noticed this, not me, so he's pretty smart. Anyway, the company is sending a new stand for the dishes with the correct name on it :)
5) Our 1st anniversary is coming up in less than two weeks! Wow - it seems like this first year has flown by! Hopefully the rest are this easy! I sure love my husband though, he is very wonderful!


Okay, I am done with listing stuff! Things have been so busy around here lately. I feel very behind on news with everyone! Shannon and Louis - I hope you guys have been granted some major patience! At least you know the absolute latest that the baby will come. That should allow some peace of mind. And you got AC! That's great!
Julia - I hope you are feeling better after being so sick from Creation. I hope you had a wonderful time - I'm sure you did, it was always a great experience for me.
We still have a busy week coming up. This thursday, our apartment complex rented a whole deck over 1st base for Pensacola's minor league base ball team the Pelicans so we are going to that. It should be lots of fun! Friday night is our team barbeque from our spring church softball team. That should be a nice time too. We will be getting our champion shirts then also. Saturday morning we are doing our first charity run. It is for Big Brother Big Sister (which Shannon is a part of :) and is titled the Bushwacker run because it is the Bushwacker Festival on the beach. it's a festival where a lot of bands and vendors will come with food and seafood stuff and then Bushwacker drinks (kinda like a milkshake with kahlua in it) are available all day for $2. I'm not sure if we will take advantage of that or not - it sounds very unhealthy and sweet.... But we might spend the day on the beach. It has been a while since we have been down there. August is my praise team month too so practice for that starts tonight and then we have to get there early Sunday morning! After school lets out for the summer, I have 2 weeks of no school so that should be a much welcomed break! hopefully at least, it seems that stuff always comes up.
We miss you guys and think about you all a lot! Hope you are doing well!
We love you
Sharon

No comments: