Well hello hello to all! First off, I think that the best house would be the one in th middle of DC just because it's kinda in the middle of everywhere we want to be - bob and adri, dc, etc. it's very quaint and mom - I'm sure you just would love it. Plus, the price looks reasonable compared to the rest. It would also save on driving costs - I don't mind driving, but it's a vacation, I don't want to spend 2-4 hours a day in a car, as much as i like ya'll, you kind of stink after a while....Also, with shannon being pregnant, it would be hard for her to find a comfortable place to rest if we are so far away from a house. so that is my first choice, after that, i think the place in mclean sounds nice too! it includes breakfast and wine and snacks at night - which is a definate plus! it would be tight, but we are planning on staying one night at clay and saxons, and if we need to i'm sure theyw woudn't kick us out if we needed to stay there more night. we do not mind sleeping in twin beds or double beds though, we are very easy people to please! so those are my votes, the water would be nice for you landlocked people, i drive across the ocean every day so it's not a priority to me. my priority on this vacation is spending time with family which is doable in any house!
Okay, got that out of the way :) Good news!!!! I received my second accounting test back last night and I received a 99% on it! the highest grade in the class! This is my hardest class right now and the teacher is very tough, he doesn't give out a's too easily so that was my best thing yesterday!
So is Louis due back from London yet? If I recall, he told me he would try to post a blog from there, but I guess he was too busy doing cool stuff. Shannon - how did you do all alone, hopefully you and the baby weren't too lonely!
This weekend we are going to have another busy one. On friday night we have our softball game, saturday derek has his youth softball team and then i think i am going to meet amanda baar in orange beach, AL (about an hour away) for lunch or a snack or something like that - derek wanted to come, but it looks it will just be may, i may invite a friend to come to keep me alert on the drive. On sunday, we are going to the early service at church and then driving to florala to see dereks grandparents and then also one of his clients - sandy, we've visited her a few times, she recently lost her husband and derek has been kind of helping her out as most of her kids and family are far away.
So that's the news from Florida
Oh yeah, I am looking for a new job with better hours to work around my school schedule, closer to home, and with better pay. I am working with a credit union right now to see if they can match the benefits and pay I am currently getting. So far, it's looking positive. It is just very hard to know what to do! The job was referred to me from a teammate on our softball team - within one week, I had three people from church mention jobs to me, even before I had said anything about looking for a new job! so that kind of felt like i was doing the right thing by looking for a different job.
Okay! thats it for now!
Love you and miss you all!
Sharon
No comments:
Post a Comment