Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Go Seahawks!!!!

Congratulations to you Seattleites! Seahawks are finally going to the Superbowl!!!! I finally have a team to root for (I'll go for them since they are closest to where we are from!) Plus I have a wonderful brother and sister-in-law and little twinkle in God's eye that live there:) Before the games on Sunday, Derek and I decided that if Seattle beat the Panthers we would host a kegger super bowl party (keg of rootbeer that is!!!) We'll probably have other beverages too but we thought that would be kinda funny...
Derek and I have started going to bible studies on Tuesday nights. He goes to the manly one and I go to the girlie one. We have both enjoyed them so far, my group had a BBQ on Saturday night and it included spouses, but most of the spouses are in Derek's group so it was very fun. I am very glad to get involved with a group made up of only girls. I've been making friends at school, but so far they are more of the study buddy friends, so this will give me a chance to make more friends.
A while back, derek and i posed for a amatuer photographer who is starting her own beach wedding coordinator company. she advertised at a bridal fair last weekend and handed out flyers with our picture on them. Her website is www.beachsideceremonies.com :)
let's see..... Dutch is doing well - he keeps on learning new things, he can lay down, sit, stay, heel (kind of), ring the bell to go potty, we're trying to teach him to sing (he kind of has a whiny voice that he sometimes uses when he wants attention) and now, when Derek is playing his PS2, Dutch will watch the screen and try to help Derek get the bad guys (except normally then we just end up with slobber on the screen...)
Derek has passed an entire game on his PS now! he plays when I am doing my homework which isn't fair :(
Overall, life is good down here in Florida. we miss all of you very much!
love you
Sharon

No comments: